Using object detection technology, the $3.99 app seeks out scantily-clad bodies in your friends' photos.
It then lists the images found as thumbnails, allowing users to bookmark their favourites to save for later on their mobile phones.
Photos of women at the pool or beach are the algorithm's main target according to its description in the app store, but users report that baby photos are often returned as well.
While the app is only available for download by iPhone users over the age of 17, there are no restrictions on the ages of those whose photos can be picked up by Badabing.
If the concept feels icky to you, you're not alone.
Drew Olanoff wrote on TechCrunch Sunday that the app "made me feel really dirty when I downloaded it."
"Developers: Stop making apps like this," wrote commenter Steve Streza.
Charlie Kubal agreed. "Can't imagine Facebook being too pleased with this use of FBconnect. Would be surprised if they don't get their access revoked."
U.K. Civil liberties campaign group Big Brother Watch featured the app on their blog Tuesday. In the post, Deputy director Emma Carr writes that the app is "intrusive" and highlighted the risks of uploading photos and information to the internet.
"When designing an app that searches for 'sexy pics' of your friends or your phones information, it is clear that privacy is at the very back of the designers mind.(sic)"
What's your take? Is Badabing creepy or harmless fun?
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1997)
- November (3)
- LIVE ONLINE: The aftermath of Sandy
- Controversial iPhone app searches Facebook for bikini photos
- Should spreading false info in a crisis be a crime?
- October photo contest winner: When Darkness Falls by Janet Kvammen
- Should it be a crime to cover your face during a riot?
- Fans mash up #DisneyStarWars movies
- Halloween 'cancelled' for many thanks to weather
- Facebook profile pictures wanted for display at the Louvre
- American Apparel's 'Hurricane Sandy Sale' sparks hate-storm
- Ask CBC News: Meteorologist Jay Scotland
- Only in Canada: Send us your stories
- VIDEO: The CBC Community Weekly Webcast, Sept. 28, 2012
- U.K. mailbox turns time capsule after 23 years of neglect
- Netanyahu's cartoon "Bibi bomb" explodes online
- NYC restaurant reheats horse meat debate
- Reaction to delay in recall of contaminated beef
- Canada leads the world in highly-educated adults
- Cook's Apple maps apology wins praise
- Should Canada drop the plan to buy F-35 jets and start over?
- Japanese hipsters get 'bagel head' saline injections
- VIDEO: The CBC Community Weekly Webcast, August 31
- August photo contest: the winner!
- Twitter alerts USGS to Philippines quake
- Interrupting squirrel halts U.S. Open match
- Remembering Diana 15 years later
- Reaction to the long-gun swap
- Does the skinny makeover of Disney characters go too far?
- Clint Eastwood's bizarre speech to empty chair spurs Twitter jokes
- Rare 'Blue Moon' to appear Friday : Send us your photos
- First Internet Cat Video film festival debuts at prestigious American art center
- July photo contest: the winner!
- Twitter apologizes for @GuyAdams 'mess-up'
- Human immortality could be possible by 2045, say Russian scientists
- Internet pranksters send rapper Pitbull to Alaska
- Would you make realtors compete for your property listing?
- Reaction to report on smartphone overtime
- What do you think of Ye Shiwen's record swim?
- CBC's Eli Glasner on reviewing films, reading other critics
- Teen arrested for 'malicious' tweets to British diver
- Do you support Christy Clark's stance on the national energy strategy?
- iPhone's 5th birthday prompts loving tributes
- Show us your colours through photos of gay pride
- PETA slams Olsen twins as 'Hairy Kate' and 'Trashley'
- June in Tune photo contest: The winner!
- Should we learn to love the unibrow?
- Is the loonie as important a symbol of Canada as the maple leaf?
- CBC readers dish on 'Canadian food' and Maple Syrup
- Are you financially prepared to live past 100?
- Should alcohol flow freely across Canada?
- Will you wait for BlackBerry 10?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict