Our Top 10 TIFF 2012 Star Spotting submissions from the CBC Community
In its wake, the fest left a long trail of film reviews, party reports and memories - including many from CBC Your News Community members.
Here are our ten most popular star spotting submissions and celebrity-encounter stories from TIFF 2012:
1. We spotted Actor Zac Efron trying some oxtail risotto and heirloom beet salad at the Bloke & 4th in Toronto Friday evening. There for The Paperboy's official cast dinner, Efron and his cast-mates made a quick exit through the back door after dinner before hordes of young women waiting outside were allowed into the venue.
2. Selena Gomez on the red carpet for Spring Breakers, which premiered at TIFF on Sept. 7. Submitted by CBC Community member Yasif Gajiyani.
3. "I saw Tom Green at The Drake Hotel's TIFF launch last Thursday and got someone to snap this pic of me with him!" wrote Becca Lemire in her description of this photo. "I'm on the right, on the left of Tom is my friend Roxy. He was super nice and friendly."
4. Jovana Arnaut took this photo with the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg at Toronto's Muzik nightclub."7th Anniversary of Muzik nightclub. Snoop Lion was one of the featured guests," she writes.
5. CBC Community member Corey Herscu took this photo with Canadian-born actor Jason Priestley.
6. "Hung out with Christopher Mintz (Mcloving) in Yorkville on Saturday, Sept 8th. Great guy!" wrote Amelia Lam, who sent us this photo last week.
7. Legendary activist Angela Davis, subject of Free Angela & All Political Prisoners. Jonathan Bunning sent us this photo of Davis on the red carpet before the film screened at TIFF on Sept. 9.
8. Penn Badgley and Zoe Kravitz at the Greetings from Tim Buckley TIFF screening afterparty at Bloke & 4th in Toronto.
9. Bronze medallist Erin McLeod, mid-kick in the pink party penalty shootout at the TIFF Glitz and Glamour Pink Party in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. A member of the Oxford Beach crew sent us this photo of the soccer player in action.
10. Actor Gerry Dee, of CBC's comedy Mr. D, poses at a party during TIFF.
We'd like to thank everyone who shared their photos with us through the CBC Your News community. You can view more CBC Newsstar spotting photos and full TIFF 2012 coverage here.
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1797)
- Will you be buying a new smartphone soon?
- September Photo Contest: Black & White
- Reaction to report that police checks violate privacy
- The top 10 'Gangnam Style' parodies
- Blue Jay's anti-gay slur revealed in Flickr post
- ESPN host fooled by The Onion satire
- Critics attack Romney online for comments in leaked video
- Send us your memorable dental stories
- School uses Facebook Timeline to teach history lessons
- Our Top 10 TIFF 2012 Star Spotting submissions from the CBC Community
- VIDEO: The CBC Community Weekly Webcast, August 31
- August photo contest: the winner!
- Twitter alerts USGS to Philippines quake
- Interrupting squirrel halts U.S. Open match
- Remembering Diana 15 years later
- Reaction to the long-gun swap
- Does the skinny makeover of Disney characters go too far?
- Clint Eastwood's bizarre speech to empty chair spurs Twitter jokes
- Rare 'Blue Moon' to appear Friday : Send us your photos
- First Internet Cat Video film festival debuts at prestigious American art center
- July photo contest: the winner!
- Twitter apologizes for @GuyAdams 'mess-up'
- Human immortality could be possible by 2045, say Russian scientists
- Internet pranksters send rapper Pitbull to Alaska
- Would you make realtors compete for your property listing?
- Reaction to report on smartphone overtime
- What do you think of Ye Shiwen's record swim?
- CBC's Eli Glasner on reviewing films, reading other critics
- Teen arrested for 'malicious' tweets to British diver
- Do you support Christy Clark's stance on the national energy strategy?
- iPhone's 5th birthday prompts loving tributes
- Show us your colours through photos of gay pride
- PETA slams Olsen twins as 'Hairy Kate' and 'Trashley'
- June in Tune photo contest: The winner!
- Should we learn to love the unibrow?
- Is the loonie as important a symbol of Canada as the maple leaf?
- CBC readers dish on 'Canadian food' and Maple Syrup
- Are you financially prepared to live past 100?
- Should alcohol flow freely across Canada?
- Will you wait for BlackBerry 10?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- September (81)