Your Choice: Drag Queen Barbie, Spanx for men or Valedictorian 'hell?'
(iStock) We here at the CBC Community desk take great pride in our ability to find and share the most interesting, buzz-worthy and relevant stories of the day online.
There's never a shortage of great material presented at our editorial meetings, and often we find ourselves with more story ideas than we can handle.
Today, we're launching a new feature in which we ask you, our readers, to help us decide on a late-afternoon water cooler story.
Below are three gems that caught our eye today.
Which topic would you like to read more about? Take our poll below and at 6 p.m. EST, the story with the most votes will be expanded upon in full.
1. 'Drag Queen Barbie': A new Mattel doll modeled after glamorous cross-dressing fashion designer Phillipe Blond is slated to be sold in December.
2. Male body-enhancing gear hits the mainstream: Girdles for guys, butt-enhancing boxers and "mantyhose" are being sold in more mainstream department stores than ever before. As sales of male undergarments increase, we ask, "would you wear them?"
3. Valedictorian 'hell': An Oklahoma high school student is being denied her diploma after saying the word 'hell' in her graduation speech. School administrators are holding her certificate until the straight-A student and valedictorian writes a formal apology letter.
Tags: Your Choice
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1651)
- Should La Leche League allow transgender men to be leaders?
- Your Choice: Drag Queen Barbie, Spanx for men or Valedictorian 'hell?'
- Reaction to Northern Gateway pipeline review
- Curiosity rover shoots Mars with a laser #PewPew
- Filmmakers, celebrities mourn Tony Scott
- VIDEO: The CBC Community Weekly Webcast
- Injured hiker makes YouTube video while waiting for rescue
- August photo contest: Cooking on the Nooka Island Trail
- NASA crew behind Mars Curiosity rover answer questions on Reddit
- Beat-boxing beauty queen wows Miss World judges
- July photo contest: the winner!
- Twitter apologizes for @GuyAdams 'mess-up'
- Human immortality could be possible by 2045, say Russian scientists
- Internet pranksters send rapper Pitbull to Alaska
- Would you make realtors compete for your property listing?
- Reaction to report on smartphone overtime
- What do you think of Ye Shiwen's record swim?
- CBC's Eli Glasner on reviewing films, reading other critics
- Teen arrested for 'malicious' tweets to British diver
- Do you support Christy Clark's stance on the national energy strategy?
- iPhone's 5th birthday prompts loving tributes
- Show us your colours through photos of gay pride
- PETA slams Olsen twins as 'Hairy Kate' and 'Trashley'
- June in Tune photo contest: The winner!
- Should we learn to love the unibrow?
- Is the loonie as important a symbol of Canada as the maple leaf?
- CBC readers dish on 'Canadian food' and Maple Syrup
- Are you financially prepared to live past 100?
- Should alcohol flow freely across Canada?
- Will you wait for BlackBerry 10?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- August (100)