A close up shot of the logo CBC used from 1940 to 1958. (This Is That/CBC)
The number of shutterbugs using Instagram has ballooned to over 80 million since the service launched in October 2010, according to the company's blog.
The free photo editing service, which boasts easy-to-use filters with a retro feel, has won the affection of photographers the world over - especially those who use their mobile phones as their window on the world.
Instagram notes that its users have collectively shared nearly 4 billion photographs.
"We're humbled by the amazing photos from people's lives we see every day on Instagram, and thank you for being part of this growing community," the Instagram Team wrote Thursday.
This benchmark has us wondering how many of our CBC readers use the popular service. If so, odds are you have a growing album and one all-time favourite image.
We'd love to see your best shot and read about why it's your tops your list. The photos you send us will be compiled into a photo album of your best work.
How to share your photo with us
- Hashtag it #favouriteshot and #cbc on Instagram
- Tweet it to @CBCCommunity
- Email it to email@example.com
- Join our dynamic CBC community by scrolling down to the very bottom of this post!
Join the CBC Community!
To join us, log in at the new CBC Your News Community page, or fill in the form below. It's quick and easy to do.
Note: CBC Your News Community has replaced the previous member centre. Log-in information for the member centre will not work in CBC Your News Community.
Your photos and/or videos must be original to you and must not include any music.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1530)
- Five old friends take same photo for 30 years
- '5 reasons I hate Facebook' trends as stock tanks
- Share your favourite instagram photo with us
- Reaction to Canadian laws on Colorado shooter's guns
- 'Mitt hits the fan' as Romney visits London
- Vote for the July photo contest winner!
- Twitter gives no 'reason' for worldwide outage
- Which book would you most like to find in your hotel room?
- Online pictures tell the tale of U.S. drought
- Are the Olympics blocked from your work computer?
- iPhone's 5th birthday prompts loving tributes
- Show us your colours through photos of gay pride
- PETA slams Olsen twins as 'Hairy Kate' and 'Trashley'
- June in Tune photo contest: The winner!
- Should we learn to love the unibrow?
- Is the loonie as important a symbol of Canada as the maple leaf?
- CBC readers dish on 'Canadian food' and Maple Syrup
- Are you financially prepared to live past 100?
- Should alcohol flow freely across Canada?
- Will you wait for BlackBerry 10?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- July (143)