Vote for Canada's most iconic food now!
What is Canadian food?
In preparation for our nation's upcoming birthday, we've taken up the hunger-inducing task of determining the answer to that very question.
Last week, we asked you to nominate deserving dishes on Twitter, Facebook, and in the comment section of our blog.
Suggestions came flooding in like hot maple syrup over a stack of peameal bacon.
Some made us laugh, some made us drool, and some made us turn to Google (and then drool some more).
Others don't technically food and thus cannot be included in our poll, but Caesars, Coffee, beer and "Iced tea that doesn't suck" deserve a mention nonetheless.
Click here to rank the 10 most-suggested Canadian food items we received over the past week. Close runners-up includeded Halifax Donair, Ketchup chips, Coffee crisp, Kraft Dinner (yes, KD got quite a few nods) and Montreal smoked meat.
What Should Canada's National Food Be?
Make sure to check back on June 26th at 7 p.m. when we'll be hosting a live chat with several celebrity chefs to discuss what food means to Canadians.
On June 27th, we'll reveal your choice for Canada's top food - just in time for Canada Day!
Tags: food & drink
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1426)
- Florida lifeguard declines job offer after being fired for saving drowning man
- Do certain hand gestures irritate you?
- Office worker catches fruit thief with webcam
- Are you dependent on air conditioning?
- CBC readers react to civil servants $6B 'severance'
- New Sony biometrics patent can customize your computer...or toilet
- Austrian family goes 'plastic-free' for the environment
- July photo contest: The Firefly Gargoyle
- Are you addicted to social media?
- Is the phablet the next tech trend or just an in-betweener?
- iPhone's 5th birthday prompts loving tributes
- Show us your colours through photos of gay pride
- PETA slams Olsen twins as 'Hairy Kate' and 'Trashley'
- June in Tune photo contest: The winner!
- Should we learn to love the unibrow?
- Is the loonie as important a symbol of Canada as the maple leaf?
- CBC readers dish on 'Canadian food' and Maple Syrup
- Are you financially prepared to live past 100?
- Should alcohol flow freely across Canada?
- Will you wait for BlackBerry 10?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- July (39)