Hot air balloon marriage proposal has shocking ending
Just minutes after she said 'yes,' the basket the couple was riding in made contact with power lines, knocking their pilot unconscious, CNN reported Thursday.
Police in Sellersburg, Ind., told CNN the woman accepted the proposal just as the balloon landed on a patch of overgrown grass. The pilot, Dallas Beall, tried to boost the balloon to get it out of the grass and land elsewhere. That's when it hit the wires, Major Chuck Adams of the Clark County sheriff's office told the network.
The shock knocked Beall unconscious. He apparently fell onto the woman, giving her a small shock as well.
The groom-to-be revived Beall with CPR. Adams told CNN that Beall and the bride-to-be were both treated for burns, but that their injuries were not expected to be life threatening.
How well did your marriage proposal go? Was it exactly how you pictured it would happen? Do you believe such a turn of events should be considered an omen, either good or bad? Share your thoughts and stories in the field below.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1251)
- Should Canada contribute to a European bailout?
- What are some of Canada's most controversial political quotes?
- Send us your photos and videos of hospital food
- Reaction to Bob Rae running to lead the Liberals
- Would you rent your dog out for cash?
- Hot air balloon marriage proposal has shocking ending
- Mister Rogers gets Auto-Tuned in viral PBS remix
- Do you get enough exercise?
- Should the human rights act forbid online hate speech?
- Canada's yearbook: Send us your graduation photo
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- June (40)