National Aboriginal Day is celebrated each year on June 21. It is a day that recognizes the contributions of Aboriginal people to Canada, and right across the country Canadians will be gathering to celebrate.
Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) will be hosting a giant free outdoor concert in Winnipeg. The show is hosted by Don Kelly, host of CBC's Trailbreakers and APTN's A Fish Out of Water, and Candy Palmater, comedienne and contributor to Radio One's DNTO and APTN's The Candy Show. Performances will include a reunion by the legendary Aboriginal group Kashtin, who rose to fame in the 80s and 90s.
In Edmonton there is an official commemoration at Canada Place there, with activities running all morning and afternoon. And tomorrow kicks of National Aboriginal Fashion Week in Regina.
These are just a few examples of the many events taking place from coast to coast to coast. Where are you going to be? If you are at a concert, party or pow wow we would love to see your photos and videos, and share them with Canadians on our website and on CBC News Network.
To upload your photos and/or videos, register or log in at the new CBC Your News Community page, or on the form below. It's quick and easy to do.
Note: CBC Your News Community has replaced the previous member centre. Log-in information for the member centre will not work in CBC Your News Community.
If all else fails, you can still email your photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also tweet them to @CBCCommunity. Your photos and/or videos must be original to you and must not include any music.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1335)
- Do you agree with Canada's plan for Rio+20?
- Your Take: Classic Titanic-era ship makes its final voyage to Ontario port
- Deep fried breakfast cereal: Would you try it?
- June photo contest: Seaside scene
- Should students lose marks for pirating textbooks?
- Life-sized Hot Wheels Loop to debut at X Games
- What would you send into space if you had the chance?
- Carmaker counters poop joke with smart Twitter reply
- Reaction to new tighter mortgage rules
- Can children learn social skills through virtual reality?
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- June (124)