What's your best reason for losing weight?
Nat Ambrose dropped 100 pounds after workers at the Kings Dominion theme park in Doswell, Va., told him he could not fit into the harness for the Volcano roller coaster and therefore couldn't ride for safety reasons, according to WTVR.
"We can't put him at risk, or anybody else at risk. We simply just couldn't put him on," Gene Petriello, the communications manager for Kings Dominion, told the local CBS station.
Nat Ambrose as he appeared before losing 100 pounds to ride the Volcano. (Kings Dominion)"It was embarrassing," Ambrose added. "I came home and said to my wife, 'This is it, this is crazy. I can't fit on a ride at an amusement park.'"
Determined to lose the weight, Ambrose starting exercising at a local gym and watching what he ate, he told reporters.
He lost 105 pounds - nearly one third of his total body weight of 300 pounds - in nine months.
"I've put on four or five pounds since then - kind of hoping it's muscle," he told WTVR jokingly.
He has since returned to Kings Dominion and rode the Volcano.
On a more serious note, Ambrose has advice for others who might be struggling to lose weight.
"You just have to want to do it," he said. "If you don't want to do it, you're not going to."
Do you have a weight loss success story? What was your reason for losing the weight? And what advice do you have for others struggling to shed unwanted pounds? Share your stories in the field below, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This survey is not scientific. Results are based on readers' responses.)
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1150)
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- May photo contest: Fun Veggies
- How much would you pay for your own Tyrannosaurus?
- Canada's yearbook: Send us your graduation photo
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Should a sex exhibit be pulled from Ottawa's science museum?
- Skechers ordered to pay $40M over deceptive 'Shape-ups' ads
- CBC's Derek Stoffel on staying professional and stomaching injustice
- Hungry man protests all-you-can-eat restaurant
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (102)