More than 150 students showed up to share their personal stories, giving us an up-close look at the issue, beyond the statistics and behind the headlines.
This week, we're sharing their stories with the CBC Community as part of our #bullyPROOF series, and we'd like you to join the discussion.
We'll be hosting a LIVE CHAT right here on Wednesday, May 30 from 8 p.m. - 9 p.m during Connect.
Joining us will be award-winning bullying educator and founder of bullying.org Bill Belsey, cyberbullying expert Dr. Shaheen Shariff from definetheline.ca, and teen anti-bullying activist Jaques St. Pierre, who made headlines last year after Lady Gaga personally congratulated him for his work.
We'll be exploring the issue of cyberbullying: What it is, what it does to kids, and what can be done to combat it.
Do you have a question or issue you'd like to ask Jaques or Dr. Shariff about? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message in the comment section below. We'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible during the LIVE CHAT.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1198)
- Divorce Hotel offers couples a quick split
- Rude people prefer aggressive dogs, study finds
- What's keeping kids from being more active?
- Reaction to Canada's expulsion of Syrian diplomats
- Will the RCMP be able to restore its reputation?
- Does laughing in the evening improve your sleep?
- Elderly couple credits matching outfits for successful marriage
- Should print media be cut to focus on digital?
- BullyProof LIVE CHAT: Join us Wednesday evening
- New Facebook phone reports spark online speculation
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (150)