CBC's Adrienne Arsenault on famine reporting, tight deadlines
Welcome to the first installation of Ask CBC News.
Adrienne Arsenault, Toronto-based correspondent for The National, has fielded two questions from the CBC Community.
We would like to thank Paul Swartz of Vancouver for asking if reporters share food in famine zones and CBC Community member Kensington 1 of Victoria for asking how journalists check their facts while on tight deadlines.
About Adrienne Arsenault
Adrienne Arsenault. (CBC)Adrienne Arsenault is a Toronto-based correspondent for The National. She has previously been based in London, England and Washington D.C.
Over the years, and across the continents, Arsenault's assignments have included disasters, conflicts, politics, sports and basic human dramas.
She has won and been nominated for several Gemini awards, was named the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association's journalist of the year in 2005, picked up a Gracie award for outstanding female correspondent and a Monte Carlo festival award for her coverage of the Zimbabwe election.
Read her full bio or connect with her on Twitter @adriearsenault
How to submit a question
The Ask CBC News project was set up to make it easier for you to ask questions and get answers from the CBC News team, journalists across Canada and around the world.
As part of our ongoing effort to increase transparency and engage with our readers, we are collecting your questions about how we gather and report the news.
Visit the original post to learn how to submit your question.
- CBC's Margaret Evans on conflict reporting, vulnerable interviewees
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting, independent research
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
Other Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1346)
- Brave heroine may be Disney's first gay princess, columnist suggests
- June photo contest: Lighting up the Park
- CBC's Deana Sumanac on handling hot stars, bad interviews
- Reaction to the Northern Ontario mall roof collapse
- Reading Rainbow returns via digital app on iPad
- Fitness club bans skinny people from joining
- Your Photos: Aboriginal Day 2012
- Would you commute during off-hours for a chance to win cash?
- Is Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter so bad it's good?
- Science video for girls slammed as sexist, patronizing
- Do you avoid disturbing news coverage?
- Would you grow your own shoes from 'genetically manipulated stingrays'?
- Dozens of Justin Bieber fans injured in Norway
- I [Heart] NY logo revamp? Fuggedaboutit!
- Musical grill blasts beats through your teeth
- Reaction to Canada's 'unique strain of Dutch Disease'
- New York sugary drink ban bubbles over on Twitter
- Mountain Dew + Orange Juice = Taco Bell's new breakfast drink
- Dr. Ruth to launch low-alcohol line of wines
- Reaction to census data on seniors and toddlers
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- June (135)