This is your daily dose of popular Twitter trends and links from Canada and around the world.
Happy Earth Hour - The international effort to switched off lights to signal climate change concerns, is already happening in some parts of the world. Small wonder that it's trending on Twitter.
Happy #EarthHour Australia Let's give back to Mother Earth! Please turn your lights off for one hour.-- ISF WORLD SUPPORT (@VampireBrigade) March 31, 2012
GUYS! Today at 8.30 its time for Earth Hour.Look how beautiful Sydney was under Earth Hour! They started this... fb.me/1gkfU9WjM-- Tourism Concern (@tourismconcern) March 31, 2012
Hundreds of landmarks around the world including Washington's National Cathedral, London's Clock Tower, the Great Wall of China and Tokyo Tower will be dimmed at 8:30 p.m. local time.
Canadians won't be lighting candles for several hours, but in the meantime they can watch the darkness pass over other time zones.
Mega Millions - Lottery ticket-holders in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland each selected the winning numbers and will split a $640-million jackpot that was believed to be the world's largest such prize, a lottery official said Saturday.
The jackpot has social media buzzing, as people wonder who might be holding the golden ticket.
The fake Barack Obama lamented his loss.
And of course, others fantasized about what they would do with the money.
Well looks like I didnt win the mega millions so now I have to find a new way to balance the budget...-- Barack Obama (@ThePresObama) March 31, 2012
We want boyfriend video - Justin Bieber's legions of fans are becoming restless. They're crying out for the music video to match the teen star's new single.
If I won Mega Millions, I was going to have an amusement park in my backyard and you would've all been invited over. Not anymore. Your loss.-- Matt Hansen (@M_HANS) March 31, 2012
Several said the teaser is, well, too much of a tease.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1150)
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- May photo contest: Fun Veggies
- How much would you pay for your own Tyrannosaurus?
- Canada's yearbook: Send us your graduation photo
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Should a sex exhibit be pulled from Ottawa's science museum?
- Skechers ordered to pay $40M over deceptive 'Shape-ups' ads
- CBC's Derek Stoffel on staying professional and stomaching injustice
- Hungry man protests all-you-can-eat restaurant
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (102)