What are your Oscar 2012 predictions?
By now, film lovers following Oscar predictions have heard the critics' picks.
CBC's Eli Glasner, for instance, thinks the race for Best Picture will be between The Artist and The Help.
"Chances are the wave of nostalgia will carry The Artist to the win," he predicted in our live chat Wednesday.
Glasner added that the apparent theme this year is old Hollywood, as several filmmakers have attempted to recreate that old sense of movie magic.
"I think a lot of the self-love we'll see this year at the Oscars is a sign of the insecurity in the movie industry itself. People don't treasure going to the movies the way they use to," said Glasner.
If The Artist does win best picture, it will be one of the lowest-grossing winners ever.
Other critics have placed their bets for top prize on Hugo and The Descendants.
Toronto-born actor Christopher Plummer is a favourite in the category of Best Supporting Actor. He has secured trophy after trophy for his performance in the melancholy comedy-drama Beginners, directed by Mike Mills.
Canadian drama Monsieur Lazhar is one of five foreign film finalists for the Academy Awards.
The speculation is increasing in the lead-up to Oscar night, which take place Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.
Will you be watching the ceremony? If so, have you filled out an Oscar scorecard? Which categories do you think are the toughest to call this year? Which nominees do you think are the most deserving?
(These surveys are not scientific. Results are based on readers' responses.)
Tags: Arts & Entertainment
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1150)
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- May photo contest: Fun Veggies
- How much would you pay for your own Tyrannosaurus?
- Canada's yearbook: Send us your graduation photo
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Should a sex exhibit be pulled from Ottawa's science museum?
- Skechers ordered to pay $40M over deceptive 'Shape-ups' ads
- CBC's Derek Stoffel on staying professional and stomaching injustice
- Hungry man protests all-you-can-eat restaurant
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (102)