Decorative miniature gourds, squashes and pumpkins go on sale in rural market just in time for Thanksgiving. (iStock)
Fall officially arrives on Sept. 23 this year, bringing with it all of the cooler temperatures, luminous leaves and football games generally associated with the season.
Autumn also means harvest, a time that enables Canadians to gorge themselves on array of seasonal treats, including wheat, corn, squash and pumpkins.
The harvest has always been central to another key fall event: Thanksgiving.
Celebrated in some form on both sides of the border since the late 17th century, the holiday is traditionally observed by gathering together a group of friends and family for a giant feast.
But underneath all of the traditional fixings of the Thanksgiving feast - turkey, gravy and pumpkin pie, the day is, at its core, about giving thanks for the good things we have in life.
So tell us what you're thankful for.
We encourage you to be as imaginative as you'd like in your responses - you could be thankful for your health, family, job, neighbours, great friends, favourite foods or the way it feels when you wake up and find out it's sunny outside!
We'll be working with CBC's Multimedia Team to create a special interactive feature to showcase your answers. So let us know, then stay tuned!
How to submit responses:
Photos: Upload photos here, add them to our Flickr group or email them to email@example.com.
Reports: You can also email your comments and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "What are you thankful for?"in the subject line.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1151)
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- May photo contest: Fun Veggies
- How much would you pay for your own Tyrannosaurus?
- Canada's yearbook: Send us your graduation photo
- Should a sex exhibit be pulled from Ottawa's science museum?
- Skechers ordered to pay $40M over deceptive 'Shape-ups' ads
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (103)