The backlog comes after the recent lockout of Canada Post employees.
The system dealt with a record volume of 70 million pieces over the weekend - about triple regular numbers - to tackle the backlog, said John Caines, a spokesman for the Crown corporation.
Though Caines said it should be dealt with by the weekend, that didn't seem like soon enough to commenters like NorthernThunder.
"It doesn't matter why it's delayed," NorthernThunder wrote "JUST GET IT DONE!"
"Something is slowing things down more than normal," Choules wrote. "Before the strike there was something in my mail box every day - even if it was only flyers. However, so far this week there has been nothing in my box for two days in a row."
"This doesn't make sense," wrote ChrisThompson. "First they cut delivery to three days per week because 'volume was so low'. Then they locked Canadian employees out because 'volume was so low'. Now they're saying it's backed up."
"There's a backlog but they have no problem delivering complete junk mail to my house," added DBT1979. "I haven't gotten one bill or one of the five magazine subscriptions my family has yet."
"Thanks to their 'strike' I now am 100% e-billed for everything," wrote Brytanium. "They pretty much 'striked' themselves out of any future business delivering mail to me."
"I have an expedited parcel on the way, I have received three updates from Canada Post, moving the delivery date back each time," added jimsright. "So it went from three days to 10 now.... I had no choice on this package, it is all my supplier uses now, but I won't depend on them if I have something to send or order to be shipped to me, if it is in the least time sensitive."
"You know what, as a CUSTOMER my patience ran out about a week into the strike," wrote BCbornandbreed. "A month and a half later of being behind in my bills as the cheques do not come in on time, you are STILL asking me to be patient. I'll tell you what, since my debtors don't want to wait either, how about I bill CP and the workers for the interest and penalties that I've been dinged as a result of THEIR mess."
Where do you stand on the story? Are you prepared to be patient as you wait for mail service to resume as normal? What would you like Canada Post to do about the backlog? Share your thoughts in the field below.
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1154)
- May photo contest: Daisy macro
- Your take: A Harley Davidson lost in the tsunami changed my life
- Reaction to the law on Quebec protests
- Was Montreal right to ban masks during public protests?
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- How much would you pay for your own Tyrannosaurus?
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (106)