Top 5 at 5: Tues., June 14
Passengers line up at Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport in Montreal on Tuesday after Air Canada customer service agents walked off the job. (Graham Hughes/Canadian Press)
1. Ottawa ready to legislate end to Air Canada strike
The federal government is set to introduce legislation aimed at ending the Air Canada strike if the airline and its customer service and sales staff can't reach a deal.
2. Drug raids target Que. Mohawk communities
A major police operation is underway involving 500 police officers in the Mohawk community of Kanesatake, Que., located about 60 kilometres northwest of Montreal.
3. Michele Bachmann enters U.S. presidential race
Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann, an outspoken Republican with close ties to the U.S. Tea Party movement, announced Monday that she is running for president, a candidacy that could further shake up a volatile fight for the Republican nomination.
4. Insurance claim denied, despite video of theft
A couple whose belongings were stolen from their downtown Vancouver condominium garage can't understand why TD Insurance denied their claim -- despite video surveillance evidence, police reports and witnesses that all attest to the crime.
5. Defeated Canucks fans look to Game 7
Vancouver Canucks fans seem undaunted by the rollercoaster swings in the Stanley Cup final series, with a pattern of close wins at home and embarrassing losses in Boston against the Bruins.
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1155)
- Should dogs and cats be taxed?
- May photo contest: Daisy macro
- Your take: A Harley Davidson lost in the tsunami changed my life
- Reaction to the law on Quebec protests
- Was Montreal right to ban masks during public protests?
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (107)