On May 19, Parks Canada will celebrate its 100th anniversary. The world's first national parks service, Parks Canada has been caretaker of some of the most spectacular and expansive national parks on the planet.
To help celebrate its centennial, we're asking our community members to help decide which of Canada's 42 national parks is their favourite.
Newfoundland's Gros Morne National Park was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. (Submitted by Sheldon Stone)Is it B.C.'s Glacier Park, with its lush interior rain forest and permanent glaciers? Or the wild natural beauty of Newfoundland's Gros Morne National Park, right? Or what about Quttinirpaaq National Park, in Nunavut, and its rugged, fragile lands?
If you've spent some time exploring Canada's national parks, we want to know which you think is best and why.
In an email of 300 words or less, please tell us which park you love best and why. When were you last there? When do you hope to return? What is your most vivid memory of it? Be sure to include pictures or video that help describe the experience you had there.
We'll be collecting your stories throughout the summer and using them in an interactive map to share them with other Canadians.
For inspiration, there's a gallery of professional shots from our national parks in our feature on a new book: Canada's National Parks: A Celebration.
CBC News has created an interactive map showing all of Canada's national parks. The Parks Canada website also has a complete list of them.
How to participate:
Send your stories, photos and videos to: email@example.com
You can also upload photos to our CBC Community photo gallery or to our Flickr group, or upload videos here.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1155)
- Should dogs and cats be taxed?
- May photo contest: Daisy macro
- Your take: A Harley Davidson lost in the tsunami changed my life
- Reaction to the law on Quebec protests
- Was Montreal right to ban masks during public protests?
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (107)