Juno Awards: Do you agree with the choice of winners?
Categories: Arts & Entertainment
Host Drake, right, also performed with pianist Chilly Gonzales during the 40th Juno Awards in Toronto on Sunday. (Mark Blinch/Reuters)
The 2011 Juno Awards were handed out Sunday night at the annual celebrations of the best in Canadian music.
Montreal's Arcade Fire scooped four Junos, including album of the year, group of the year and songwriter of the year.
Singer Justin Bieber won two awards, including the Fan Choice award, the only award voted on by fans.
Neil Young, who came to Toronto to be presented with the Allan Waters Humanitarian Award, ended up winning two Junos - including a surprise win as artist of the year.
The new artist Juno was awarded to London, Ont.-raised singer Meaghan Smith.
Sunday's televised gala highlighted 40 years of Juno history, and included tributes to Joni Mitchell, The Band and Gordon Lightfoot. Shania Twain was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame after an introduction by superstar Bryan Adams.
Rapper Drake hosted the gala, which featured performances from the likes of Broken Social Scene and Hedley.
A total of 40 awards were handed out in ceremonies over the weekend. Winners are elected by members of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
Did you watch Sunday night's Juno Awards show? What did you think of it? Do you agree with the choice of winners? Let us know in the comments field below!
(This survey is not scientific. Results are based on readers' responses.)
More entries for category: Arts & Entertainment
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1155)
- Should dogs and cats be taxed?
- May photo contest: Daisy macro
- Your take: A Harley Davidson lost in the tsunami changed my life
- Reaction to the law on Quebec protests
- Was Montreal right to ban masks during public protests?
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (107)