Meet the Community team
Your photos, videos, comments and submissions make the CBCNews.ca Community thrive. But there are a few CBCers on hand to keep things running smoothly on the site. Meet the people who are helping to tell your stories each day:
Andrew Yates (Senior Producer): I've been online ever since my parents bought me a Commodore VIC-20 and modem back in elementary school. Since then the worlds of storytelling, online communities and news have become my passion. When I'm not online I'm a husband, a father of two beautiful girls and a guitar player. Find me on Twitter @yatesey.
Andrea Lee-Greenberg (Producer):
I'm all about finding new ways of telling good stories. To date, I've worked in radio and online as a reporter, producer and news director, with stints in Washington, D.C., Windsor, Ont., Aspen, Colo., and New York City. If you've got a story to share, connect with me via Twitter @aleegreenberg.
John Bowman (Associate Producer): I've been with CBCNews.ca for more than 10 years, so I've done a lot of different jobs on the website. I started blogging for the CBC with the Blog Report on Canada Votes 2006. I'm into science and technology news, and new and nerdy ways to tell stories, like databases, charts and maps. I'm on Twitter @johnbowman.
Lauren O'Neil (Associate Producer): A longtime Internet culture geek and creative Jill of all trades, my passions for writing, technology and web video are what lead me into the world of online journalism. I love nothing more than talking to Canadians and telling their stories. I am rarely spotted without an iPhone in hand Tweeting photos of everything that strikes my fancy: @laurenonizzle."
More entries for category: Community
Meet the Community Team
CBC News Community team, from left to right: Andrew Yates, Andrea Lee-Greenberg, Lauren O'Neil, John Bowman
If you're part of the CBC News community, you're likely to meet one of us: we're the folks working to produce and promote your stories. Read more about us.
More Your Community Entries
- 2012 (1155)
- Should dogs and cats be taxed?
- May photo contest: Daisy macro
- Your take: A Harley Davidson lost in the tsunami changed my life
- Reaction to the law on Quebec protests
- Was Montreal right to ban masks during public protests?
- Nude Harper painting gets chilly online reception
- Should the Quebec government suspend classes?
- Do you agree with the police watchdog's G20 report recommendations?
- Online dater sends out awkward post-date survey
- Should Nik Wallenda use a safety device to cross Niagara Falls?
- Should government seek clemency for Canadians on death row?
- Ugly Meter app worries cyber bullying activists
- And the winner of our April showers photo contest is...
- What would you add to Avery Canahuati's bucket list?
- Who is Titanic II backer Clive Palmer?
- Trending April 30: Titanic II, Conrad Black
- Should Conrad Black regain his Canadian citizenship?
- CBC's David McKie on investigative reporting
- Should rooftop missiles be installed for London Olympics security?
- Obama and Kimmel high-five at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- March photo contest: the winner!
- Shatner-hosted 2012 Juno Awards inspire fanfare
- 10 readers share their Katimavik stories
- Katimavik defended 26 years after Hébert hunger strike
- Earth Hour, Mega Millions, angry 'Beliebers' in morning trends
- Maple syrup hoarders prepare for shortage
- Top 5 at 5: CBC North
- Would bigger tax exemptions encourage you to shop across the border?
- What were your happiest years?
- Should charities lose their status for protesting?
- Community reaction to the Pierre Poutine revelations
- Top 5 at 5: Business stories
- Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey launch anti-bullying foundation
- Davy Jones honoured by fans on social media
- February photo contest: the winner!
- Women take the leap and propose marriage on Feb. 29
- Community reaction to closing of high Arctic lab
- Would you freeze-dry a deceased pet?
- U.S. storm watchers swap stories on social media
- Should Canada create an asbestos registry?
- January photo contest: the winner
- Top 5 at 5: Montreal stories
- Should Peru's uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Is Ashton Kutcher right to block journalists from his Twitter feed?
- Would you wear Dress Pant Sweatpants in your workplace?
- Where do you donate your used clothing?
- Could a UN resolution help end Syria's unrest?
- Top 5 at 5: Politics stories
- Do you trust a camel that predicts Super Bowl winners?
- Community reaction to the Shafia trial verdict
- May (107)