- Population in Canada: 2,300 (2006)
- Canadian exports to Yemen: $25.9 million (2009)
- Canadian imports from Yemen: $0.16 million (2009)
- GDP, per capita: $2,600 (2010, estimated)
- Unemployment: 35 per cent (2010, estimated)
Canada maintains bilateral relations with Yemen, but is represented in the country through the embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, according to the Canadian government</A>.
Canada provides humanitarian assistance to the impoverished country through several multilateral institutions, including the World Food Programme, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees and the International Committee of the Red-Cross.
Canadian companies are heavily involved in the oil and gas sectors.
In Oct. 2010, Transport Canada ordered extra security screening for all Yemeni travelers after explosives originating from the country were found aboard two U.S.-bound flights.
However, the directive was rescinded in Dec. 2010.
(Sources: Statistics Canada and CIA World Factbook)
With files from Jonathan Hembry