Will Angela Merkel's decision on refugees hurt her chances in the German election?
Air Date: Sep 21, 2017 6:57 PM ET
When Angela Merkel opened the door to nearly 1 million refugees in 2015, it was a gamble many said would end her political career. But will the German chancellor's decision hurt her chances in the upcoming election?
- British media report 2 held at gunpoint in bowling alley
- New York City braces for influx of Puerto Ricans displaced by Hurricane Maria
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe sidelined as WHO goodwill ambassador after outcry
- Germany's new facial recognition technology reminiscent of Cold War surveillance for some
- WHO director 'rethinking' naming Zimbabwe's Mugabe a 'goodwill ambassador'
- 'The old guard in revolt': Why ex-presidents are violating code of silence to fight 'Trumpism'
- Never-before-seen John F. Kennedy assassination files ready for release
- Funeral service held for fallen soldier at centre of dispute over Trump's remarks
- Protesters flood Barcelona streets after Spain's PM says he wants to dissolve Catalonia's government
- At least 54 killed in Egypt after police operation ambushed