A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Gorilla shot dead after boy, 4, falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo
- Illegal immigrants treated better than veterans, Donald Trump tells biker rally
- Brazilian police swarm Rio slums for suspects after girl's gang rape
- More than 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean shipwrecks
- Paris lightning strike during child's party leaves 11 injured