A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Malaysia Airlines jet mystery: 'plane door' not recovered
- Malaysia Airlines jet search widens as stolen passports probed
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Interpol probes more suspect passports
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'Mystery compounded by mystery'
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was well off-course, military says
- Ukraine crisis: Merkel, U.S. warn Putin of Crimea annexation
- Malaysia Airlines: Fearing the worst, search shifts to disaster recovery
- Earthquake strikes off Northern California coast
- Sochi Paralympics confronts Russia's attitude towards disabled