A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Standing Rock protesters celebrate 'big victory' as pipeline construction halted
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- More snow expected in Hawaii as winter hits the Big Island
- It may be 'foolish' to ignore Trump's tweets, even when they look like 'fluff'
- Donations pour into Planned Parenthood thanks to Mike Pence
- 'I never stayed to see if they were dead': Natalia Bolivar, 82, unsentimental about role in Cuban Revolution
- Once young and promising, Italy's Matteo Renzi gets handed his hat
- Donald Trump is Time's person of the year
- Obama orders 'deep dive review' of 'malicious' election campaign hacking
- California warehouse fire kills at least 33, several victims ID'd