A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Barcelona van driver reportedly among 5 suspects killed by police in Cambrils
- Steve Bannon leaves Trump's White House by 'mutual agreement'
- White House says Trump's condemnation of Virginia clashes includes white supremacists
- Trump says 'alt-left' also to blame for Charlottesville violence
- After days of criticism, Trump condemns white supremacists involved in Charlottesville violence
- Trump defends 'history and culture' of Confederate monuments
- 'Not the Charlottesville I know': Residents chase away white supremacist after deadly rally
- Social media posts aim to expose white nationalists
- Confederate monuments removed or covered overnight
- Charlottesville vice-mayor blasts 'whiny little brats of the alt-right' and Trump's 'blame game'