A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Suspect, 3 others injured in 'attempted terrorist attack' at NYC transit hub
- Women who accuse Trump of sexual misconduct call for Capitol Hill investigation
- Democrat Doug Jones defeats Republican Roy Moore in stunning Alabama Senate upset
- How Republicans blundered into Roy Moore and derailed a conversation about sexual assault
- Heavy snow in U.K. causes highway closures, flight cancellations
- 'Trump is not a kingmaker' as Doug Jones defeats Roy Moore in Alabama
- Trump lashes out at 'false accusations' of sexual misconduct, Democrat Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- Kentucky politician accused of sexual assault killed himself, coroner confirms
- Theresa May government loses vote on Brexit deal
- FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trump an 'idiot'