A generation ago, golf was condemned in China for its bourgeois decadence. Now it carries status and prestige, and China is building courses to match the best in the world. CBC's Anthony Germain looks at the rise of golf in China.
The Rise of Golf in China
By Anthony Germain, CBC News Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:19 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:09 PM ET
- Graduates walk out on Vice-President Pence at Notre Dame commencement
- Pippa Middleton, sister of Duchess of Cambridge, marries at almost-royal event
- 'Number of confirmed fatalities' at Ariana Grande concert in U.K., say police
- Flynn invokes Fifth Amendment in U.S. Senate's Russia probe, attorneys say
- Trump urges Islamic leaders to unite against extremism
- Trump says he 'never mentioned Israel' in conversation with Russians
- Muted enthusiasm for Trump in Israel on eve of visit
- Italy's casual racism is out of place in town where migrants are helping economy
- North Korea ready to mass produce medium-range missile as 'answer' to Trump
- Child abuse linked to witchcraft a 'hidden crime'