Thirty seven people were killed when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-packed Humvee military vehicle into a construction site, used by the army and police, according to two police officers and a medical official.
- Iraqi forces, militia break 6-week siege of Shia town
- ISIS success shows U.S. out of touch with Iraq's reality
- 5 things to know about ISIS
- ISIS in Iraq: Key players
- U.S. launches airstrikes in Iraq
The blast killed 22 security personnel and 15 civilians, the medical and police sources said. The nine-storey building under construction, used as a base by security personnel, was located in the centre of Ramadi in western Anbar province.
Ramadi and its sister city Falluja have been plagued by fighting between the security forces and the extremist Islamic State and other armed groups since January.