A partial list of confirmed guests attending the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton was released by Britain's monarchy Saturday.
Soccer star David Beckham and his wife Victoria were among the most recognizable names on the list of guests at the April 29 nuptials.
Many on the list had been already confirmed in the media weeks ago, including the Beckhams, musician Elton John and director Guy Ritchie. But others, like singer Joss Stone and Mr. Bean actor Rowan Atkinson — a close friend of William's father Prince Charles — were new.
Royal family members from countries including Bahrain, Denmark, Spain and Morocco will also attend. Other guests include government officials, Afghan war veterans, and charity workers.
Canada's Gov. Gen. David Johnston and his wife, Sharon, will be attending the service.
Other prominent Canadians on the guest list include Hilary Weston, a former Ontario lieutenant governor, and her husband, businessman Galen Weston.
Stephen Harper was invited to attend the wedding as Canada's prime minister, but the Conservative leader won't be going because of the May 2 federal election.
William and Kate will visit Canada from June 30 to July 8, with stops in the Ottawa area, Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Prince Edward Island.
1,900 expected at Westminster Abbey
The palace said it only invited crowned heads of states, and that foreign political leaders — such as President Barack Obama or French President Nicolas Sarkozy — weren't sent invitations.
The seating plan for the service in London was also included in official correspondence released Saturday. It puts the Queen and other senior royals in the front row together with Kate's family on the other side of the aisle.
About 1,900 people are expected to attend the ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
The Queen will later host a lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace for about 650 people. The Prince of Wales will host a dinner at the palace for about 300 people.
St. James Palace has confirmed that Bahrain's Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa will be attending the ceremony, despite British concerns about the treatment of activists in his country.
Bahrain's royal family ordered a wide-ranging brutal crackdown against pro-democracy demonstrators that started in mid-February. At least 30 people have died, including four in custody, and many well-known activists and lawyers have been imprisoned.
An earlier version of this story said Buckingham Palace had released a full list of confirmed guests. The list released Saturday was merely a partial one.Oct 10, 2013 2:37 AM ET