Malaysia Airlines MH370: Interim report on missing plane coming in March
Plane disappeared March 8 last year en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing
Civil aviation authorities in Malaysia will release a required report on the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 a day before the one-year anniversary, but it won't have any conclusion on what happened because the search is ongoing.
The report to be released March 7 will focus on investigations into the search for the plane, which is believed to have crashed in the remote southern Indian Ocean, Deputy Transport Minister Aziz Kaprawi said Wednesday.
- Australia, Malaysia agree to split search costs for missing Malaysian airliner
- Malay Mukherjee, relative of missing Canadians, hopes for closure
- The Passionate Eye VIDEO: Where is Flight MH370?
The one-year report is required by the International Civil Aviation Organization.
The plane disappeared the morning of March 8 last year while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
The Australian coordinators of the search have said the current phase could take another year and there is still no guarantee of success. No debris has ever been found.
Some family members calling themselves Voice 370 appealed to Malaysian, Australian and Chinese authorities not to abandon the search anytime soon. The majority of the passengers were from China.
"We have stated it before and reiterate it again, that we are prepared for any eventuality, including the fact that our loved ones may never come back. However, almost all families are unanimous in our stand that we do not want to declare our loved ones dead, without a shred of evidence," they said on Facebook.