- Population in Canada: 165,150 (2006)
- Canadian exports to Lebanon: $184.3 million (2010)
- Canadian imports from Lebanon: $15.6 million (2010)
- GDP, per capita: $14,100 (2010, estimated)
- Unemployment: 9.2 per cent (2010, estimated)
The Canadian government says it shares strong ties with this country based on the large number of Lebanese-Canadians living here. The country's maintain bilateral relations, Canada has an embassy in Beirut, the capital of Lebanon.
According to the 2006 census, there aremore than 165,000 Lebanese in Canada. However, a government website, puts the number at 350,000.
Following the 2006 conflict in Lebanon between Hezbollah (a Shia militant group active in the country) and Israel, Canada contributed $30.5 million towards humanitarian relief, reconstruction and stabilization efforts.
Numbers from the 2006 census indicate there are Lebanese-Canadian communities throughout the country, but the majority, around 120,000, are split evenly between Quebec and Ontario.
(Sources: Statistics Canada and CIA World Factbook)