In Greece, the birthplace of the Olympics, top athletes are feeling the strain of harsh economic realities. The CBC's Ioanna Roumeliotis reports on how Greek athletes are training on a shoestring budget in the lead up to the London Olympics.
Greek Olympic athletes train through austerity
CBC News Posted: May 07, 2012 10:19 PM ET Last Updated: May 07, 2012 11:51 PM ET
- Standing Rock protesters celebrate 'big victory' as pipeline construction halted
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- Obama orders 'deep dive review' of 'malicious' election campaign hacking
- More snow expected in Hawaii as winter hits the Big Island
- It may be 'foolish' to ignore Trump's tweets, even when they look like 'fluff'
- Donations pour into Planned Parenthood thanks to Mike Pence
- 'I never stayed to see if they were dead': Natalia Bolivar, 82, unsentimental about role in Cuban Revolution
- Donald Trump is Time's person of the year
- Once young and promising, Italy's Matteo Renzi gets handed his hat
- California warehouse fire kills at least 33, several victims ID'd