In Greece, the birthplace of the Olympics, top athletes are feeling the strain of harsh economic realities. The CBC's Ioanna Roumeliotis reports on how Greek athletes are training on a shoestring budget in the lead up to the London Olympics.
Greek Olympic athletes train through austerity
CBC News Posted: May 07, 2012 10:19 PM ET Last Updated: May 07, 2012 11:51 PM ET
- Winter storm: U.S. Northeast states restrict road travel
- Greek election: Left-wing Syriza party wins but number of seats in question
- Pop-Tart gun laws: Fighting for the right to keep and bear pastry in the U.S.
- 2015 Miss Universe: Paulina Vega, Miss Colombia, is the winner
- Snowstorm sweeps northeast U.S., New York spared its brunt
- Auschwitz survivor returns to Poland to recreate liberation image
- Auschwitz liberation's 70th anniversary focuses on survivors
- Russia hit with mass layoffs as economy worsens
- Japan works to free remaining ISIS hostage Kenji Goto
- U.S. blizzard: New York braces for heavy snow as storms slam East Coast