In Greece, the birthplace of the Olympics, top athletes are feeling the strain of harsh economic realities. The CBC's Ioanna Roumeliotis reports on how Greek athletes are training on a shoestring budget in the lead up to the London Olympics.
Greek Olympic athletes train through austerity
CBC News Posted: May 07, 2012 10:19 PM ET Last Updated: May 07, 2012 11:51 PM ET
- Mueller obtains thousands of Trump transition emails
- U.S. health agency's reported word ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender' alarms experts
- Prince Harry jokes with Barack Obama ahead of radio interview
- Houses built too close to bush spread huge California fires on 'front line of climate change'
- John McCain returns to Arizona after treatment, will miss tax bill vote
- Kremlin says Putin thanked Trump for CIA tip on bombings
- Power restored at Atlanta international airport, hundreds of flights affected
- Former NBA player Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife charged with murder in his death
- Australian police allege man tried to sell missile parts to help North Korea
- Trump to unveil 'America 1st' security strategy, seeing countries in constant competition