In Greece, the birthplace of the Olympics, top athletes are feeling the strain of harsh economic realities. The CBC's Ioanna Roumeliotis reports on how Greek athletes are training on a shoestring budget in the lead up to the London Olympics.
Greek Olympic athletes train through austerity
CBC News Posted: May 07, 2012 10:19 PM ET Last Updated: May 07, 2012 11:51 PM ET
- Van plows into crowd near London mosque, driver arrested on attempted murder, terrorism charges
- Otto Warmbier, U.S. tourist recently released from North Korean prison, has died
- A referendum on Trump's presidency? Politicos watching tight Georgia election for clues
- More than 60 dead in central Portugal forest fires
- Saudi king upends royal succession, names son as 1st heir
- Russian attempts to infiltrate U.S. election systems found in 21 states: officials
- Trump faces 'land of lousy options' with North Korea after Otto Warmbier's death
- Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Philando Castile car
- Steady stream of tragedy, political upheaval creates 'time of immense insecurities' for U.K.
- London highrise fire: Building materials may have broken rules, U.K. trade minister says