CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- WHO director 'rethinking' naming Zimbabwe's Mugabe a 'goodwill ambassador'
- Never-before-seen John F. Kennedy assassination files ready for release
- 'The old guard in revolt': Why ex-presidents are violating code of silence to fight 'Trumpism'
- Japan heads to polls in snap election
- Protesters flood Barcelona streets after Spain's PM says he wants to dissolve Catalonia's government
- Funeral service held for fallen soldier at centre of dispute over Trump's remarks
- At least 54 killed in Egypt after police operation ambushed
- Why the murder of a journalist in Malta sent ripples as far as Canada
- U.S. commanders stress 'ironclad' commitment to defend South Korea
- 1 dead, 9 injured in stabbing at mall in Poland