CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- Winter storm: U.S. Northeast states restrict road travel
- New York snowstorm smaller than expected, sweeps northeast U.S.
- Greek election: Left-wing Syriza party wins but number of seats in question
- 2015 Miss Universe: Paulina Vega, Miss Colombia, is the winner
- Zombie cat Bart emerges from grave 5 days after burial
- Pop-Tart gun laws: Fighting for the right to keep and bear pastry in the U.S.
- Auschwitz survivor returns to Poland to recreate liberation image
- Ruble's dramatic drop inflicts economic pain in Russia
- The spreading alchemy of central bank money-printing
- Russia hit with mass layoffs as economy worsens