CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- West Edmonton Mall named in al-Shabaab video as possible target
- ISIS recruiter in Edmonton enlists Canadian woman to join fight in Syria
- Floyd and Violet Hartwig, couple married 67 years, die holding hands
- Boris Nemtsov, Russian opposition leader, shot dead in Moscow
- Princess Margaret and future PM John Turner may have 'nearly married', letters reveal
- Rural Missouri murder-suicide leaves 8 dead, police say
- Why Barack Obama won't say 'Islamic extremists'
- Shamima Begum, Amira Abase, Kadiza Sultana: What we know about ISIS-bound teens
- South African parents reunited with daughter 17 years after kidnapping
- Drones fly over Eiffel Tower, U.S. Embassy, other Paris landmarks