CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- Nepal earthquake: 2,500 dead as aftershocks terrify survivors
- Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises to over 4,000
- Canadians among Mount Everest climbers hit by quake, avalanche
- Mount Everest avalanche survivors flown to hospital, others hit with aftershocks
- Obama turns 2016 hopefuls into comic fodder for media dinner
- State of emergency declared in Baltimore as Freddie Gray protest turns violent
- Nepal earthquake kills more than 1,900 people
- James Holmes shot up Batman premiere to 'make himself feel better,' prosecutors argue
- Swedish cops hit headlines for breaking up fight in N.Y.
- Nepal earthquake: Kathmandu was 'nightmare waiting to happen'