CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- Van plows into crowd near London mosque, driver arrested on attempted murder, terrorism charges
- Trump's 'tapes' blooper could go down as 'one of the greatest own goals in political history'
- Otto Warmbier, U.S. tourist recently released from North Korean prison, has died
- Grenfell Tower fire started in fridge freezer, criminal charges being considered
- A referendum on Trump's presidency? Politicos watching tight Georgia election for clues
- More than 60 dead in central Portugal forest fires
- Russian attempts to infiltrate U.S. election systems found in 21 states: officials
- Saudi king upends royal succession, names son as 1st heir
- Trump faces 'land of lousy options' with North Korea after Otto Warmbier's death
- Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Philando Castile car