CBC's Nick Purdon reports for The National from Breezy Point, a hard-hit New York neighbourhood that is struggling to cope — and clean up — after Sandy pummelled the beachfront community.
Battered Breezy Point struggles after Sandy
CBC News Posted: Nov 02, 2012 10:43 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 02, 2012 11:06 PM ET
- Scotland referendum: Prime Minister David Cameron warns vote is 'forever'
- David Haines beheading: British PM vows to 'hunt down those responsible'
- ISIS must be fought 'by any means necessary,' diplomats say
- Hurricane Odile slams Mexico's Baja California
- Canadian citizens charged in $68M US drug bust in Australia
- Matthew Miller sentenced to 6 years' hard labour in North Korea
- David Haines purportedly beheaded in new ISIS video
- American shakedown: Police won't charge you, but they'll grab your money
- U.S. targets ISIS in Iraq with fresh airstrikes
- ISIS war chest grows by an estimated $3M every day