An Afghan legislator says conservative lawmakers have blocked approval of a law that aims to protect women's freedoms, saying parts of it violate Islamic principles.
French President François Hollande has signed a law authorizing gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples.
Two commuter trains serving New York City collided in Connecticut during Friday's evening rush hour, sending 60 people to the hospital, including five with critical injuries, Gov. Dannel Malloy said.
A South Korea official says North Korea has launched three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters.
- new WHO concerned coronavirus spreading person to person
- new Saudi woman among 64 climbers to scale Mount Everest
- Bombs in Iraq targeting Sunnis kill at least 76
- Rescuers dig to free 23 trapped Indonesian miners
- Ohio man to appeal conviction in 'dying blinks' case
- Uzbek national pleads not guilty to U.S. terrorism charges
- Eurovision Song Contest celebrates pop excess
- Thieves steal $1M worth of jewels during Cannes film festival video
- analysis Neil Macdonald: Barack Obama's war on the press
- U.S. students create 'hate map' of bigoted tweets
- Habitat for Humanity homes destroyed in Texas twisters video