Why broadcast an apparent suicide attempt online?
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:21 AM ET
After this weekend's scare at the University of Guelph where a student broadcasted his apparent suicide attempt online we hear from an expert in social and new media, Aimee Morrison, about the factors that would drive such behaviour.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- New Brunswick election: Liberals and PCs in dead heat
- Raymond Lee Caissie, 43, charged with murder of Serena Vermeersch
- Michael Reilley fined $162 after stopping police for illegal turn
- Emma Watson threatened on nude photo website
- Michelle Rempel responds to ISIS threat with #SecureBedroomSelfie
- 3 Afghan Army officers missing from U.S. base in custody at Canada-U.S. border
- New mushroom species discovered in London grocery store
- Canadian wireless costs among highest in world, PC Mag finds
- Drinking water contaminated by excreted drugs a growing concern
- Stephen Harper condemns ISIS audio urging attacks on Canadians