Why broadcast an apparent suicide attempt online?
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:21 AM ET
After this weekend's scare at the University of Guelph where a student broadcasted his apparent suicide attempt online we hear from an expert in social and new media, Aimee Morrison, about the factors that would drive such behaviour.
Top News Headlines
- Dead babies in Winnipeg storage unit 'tragic beyond belief'
- Renee Zellweger stuns fans with unrecognizable face
- Patrice Vincent ID'd as soldier killed in Martin Couture-Rouleau hit and run
- WestJet plane makes emergency landing in Thunder Bay
- Martin Couture-Rouleau's passport was seized by Canadian authorities
- McDonald's sales slide, Coke flat as consumer tastes shift
- Yellowknife woman's psychiatric report lands in employer's hands
- Jean-François Fortin, Jean-François Larose form new political party
- YouTube video shows strength of Alberta bear
- 102 snakes seeking sanctuary slither into home near Regina