Why broadcast an apparent suicide attempt online?
Posted: Dec 02, 2014 5:31 AM ET
After this weekend's scare at the University of Guelph where a student broadcasted his apparent suicide attempt online we hear from an expert in social and new media, Aimee Morrison, about the factors that would drive such behaviour.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Canadian shot by U.S. border guards at Ambassador Bridge
- Teen's death a tragic lesson in alcohol dangers: mayor
- 'Mrs. Claus' and the art of holiday parcels with Canada Post
- Man arrested after girl, 6, found beaten on Paul First Nation
- E-cigarette use slapped with growing provincial regulation
- Dartmouth attack leads to 6 arrests
- Father arrested after toddler abandoned at Surrey bus stop
- Ismaaiyl Brinsley, NYC police shooter, had troubled past, criminal record
- Dr. C: Cancer at Christmas, and handling the cards you’ve been dealt
- North Korea threatens strikes on U.S. amid Sony hacking claims