What I learned from soccer: Carrie Serwetnyk
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:16 PM ET
Carrie Serwetnyk is a former member on the women's national team and the first woman conducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame. She is now a coach and the founder of Equal Play.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
The U.S. National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for the Buffalo area, as sharply warmer weekend temperatures are forecast to be accompanied by rain. CBC meteorologist Jay Scotland explains how a melt could impact the area.
Protesters and police clash in Mexico City's main square over government handling of the disappearance and apparent massacre of 43 student teachers.
- Longueuil fatal crash: Prosecutor says decision not to lay charges based on evidence
- Const. Joel Demore, Ottawa police officer, named on hacked city site
- Eric Morgan, acquitted of 2006 murder, sues Peel police for $25M
- Buffalo residents shovelling snow but now worried about rain, flooding
- Saskatchewan winter too much for one CBC Radio listener
- More Kinder Morgan protesters arrested on Burnaby Mountain
- Jelly-covered plankton multiplying in Canadian lakes
- Toronto fans step up, sing U.S. national anthem, after technical glitch
- Canadian military veterans plan to enlist with Kurds battling ISIS
- B.C. outdoorsmen risk criminal records in David vs. Goliath battle to keep lakes public