What I learned from soccer: Carrie Serwetnyk
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:16 PM ET
Carrie Serwetnyk is a former member on the women's national team and the first woman conducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame. She is now a coach and the founder of Equal Play.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Canadian shot by U.S. border guards at Ambassador Bridge
- Man arrested after girl, 6, found beaten on Paul First Nation
- North Korea threatens strikes on U.S. amid Sony hacking claims
- Father arrested after toddler abandoned at Surrey bus stop
- P.K. Subban blackface in Théâtre du Rideau Vert play deemed offensive by some
- Teen's death a tragic lesson in alcohol dangers: mayor
- Marco Antonio Parilla Jr. arrested in killing of Florida police officer
- Ismaaiyl Brinsley, NYC police shooter, had troubled past, criminal record
- Chrisma Ann Joy Denny found safe, will return to Nova Scotia
- German house sparkles with over 400,000 Christmas lights