The late, great film critic Roger Ebert once said "no good film is too long and no bad movie is short enough." With these words in mind, CBC News partnered with CBC Radio's Q to bring you an Oscar night viewing party worthy of your discerning attention.
We had cultural observers, film critics, music geeks and professional funny folks lined up to chat with the CBC audience throughout the 86th Academy Awards -- our own little corner of the internet where critical questions and comedic relief can co-exist, and where the smart take doesn't take itself too seriously.
Replay the full chat below. On mobile? Click here.
Meet this year's party guests/panelists!
You're invited to spend the whole show with us, as our panelists jump in for hour-long cameos throughout the night! Joining us on Oscar Sunday are:
- Aisha Alfa: Comedian and Actor (Degrassi). Toronto Comedy Brawl finalist. Banana hater.
- Anupa Mistry: Freelance journalist. Music and pop culture maven. Rap genius.
- Brian Coulton: Q producer and music supervisor; Beer, beets and Björk enthusiast.
- Eli Glasner: CBC Arts reporter. Film critic. Red carpet veteran.
- Elvira Kurt: Comedian. Game show host. Q's resident hall of shame curator.
- Ennis Esmer: Comedian and actor (The Listener, Young People F---ing). Nutella lover.
- Jason Anderson: Film programmer and writer (The Grid, Toronto Star, Cinema Scope).
- Magali Simard: TIFF film programmer. Born ready.
- Rachel Giese: Deputy Editor at The Grid in Toronto. Team Lupita
- Shinan Govani: Author. Social gadfly. Former society columnist for The National Post.
- Thom Ernst: Film critic and former host of TVO's Saturday Night at the Movies.
Replay our pre-show webcam chat with Eli Glasner to get our film critic's predictions below: