Thousands more PCB storage sites in Montreal, Reliance consultant says
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Harry Baikowitz is a chemist who was hired as a consultant for Reliance Power Equipment this spring. He also says it was always Reliance's intention to pay for the PCB clean-up at their storage site in Pointe-Claire but costs were prohibitive.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Buffalo snow 2014: Flooding feared as weather warms
- Should Mexico still be considered a 'safe country'?
- Syria could be next target of Canada's CF-18s
- Japan earthquake causes injuries, collapsed buildings
- Sudbury Basin formed by comet, not asteroid, researcher says
- Bill Cosby performs to adoring crowd amid rape allegations
- Saskatchewan winter too much for one CBC Radio listener
- Record North Pacific temperatures threatening B.C. marine species
- Somalia's Al-Shabaab says it killed 28 in Kenya
- U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria kill over 900, activist group says