The Next: Server farms
Air Date: Feb 12, 2016 9:35 PM ET
Huge buildings full of data servers are sucking power 24/7 at a growing rate. There are solutions on the horizon, but our data demands are outpacing innovation.
The National Team
- Police say Munich gunman spent over a year planning mass shooting
- G20 finance leaders vow to lift growth, dampen Brexit shock
- Black lives, blue lives, all lives: What does it mean when we say certain lives matter?
- Soldiers involved in failed coup will face 'severe punishment,' Turkey's chief of staff vows
- Premiers head home from Whitehorse with double-edged challenge: Chris Hall
- Privacy commissioner to investigate data breach of public servants' personal info
- Ukraine's corruption continues to cost the country dearly
- Canadian ministers vow to develop new agricultural policy framework at Calgary meeting
- Inuit press claim for co-ownership of Franklin artifacts
- 'Genocide still exists': Community members rally against deaths of Indigenous inmates
- Torch of Dignity relay reminds people not to become complacent about human rights, Murray Sinclair says
- Gesgapegiag First Nation saves for 3 years to send students to England