Taking on an identity: The Joseph Boyden debate | Sunday Panel
Air Date: Jan 09, 2017 7:52 AM ET
Joseph Boyden is the latest public figure to be questioned about his cultural identity. But we've seen it before, and it begs the broader question, when is support not welcome?
The National Team
- 'Embarrassment to Canadians': Abuse, humiliation occurred at bases across country, soldiers say
- New post-secondary sexual assault policies a start but fall short, experts say
- Hamilton police said crime would flourish if cellphone surveillance records disclosed
- High cost of making calls from Nova Scotia jails is 'predatory,' say advocates
- Best year he's ever had? 2016 was the year of Drake, according to stats
- Night Trap, controversial horror game from the '90s, set for a re-release
- Scott Baio explains 'if you do drugs or drink, you're going to die' remarks after Erin Moran's death
- 'Has it affected him?' Woman confronts her abuser in documentary 'A Better Man'
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- Greg Alvin Dawson's death a homicide, but RCMP see 'no obvious connection' to 2 other deaths
- Membertou First Nation launches neighbourhood watch
- Treaties, reconciliation and Indigenous history in Canada: Join a live roundtable this Wednesday
- Meet the designer making wearable art that comes out of Indigenous teachings and culture