HERstory in Black: Giving back
Air Date: Feb 23, 2017 8:35 PM ET
Two women from different backgrounds find ways to succeed in their own fields and then use their success to give back to their community. It's part of the grassroots initiative called HERstory in Black, bringing together 150 black women to share their personal experience
The National Team
- Refugee sponsors wait a year to discover fate of Syrian family left in limbo
- Ontario MPP introduces insurance recovery bill for domestic violence victims after CBC investigation
- Why are bomb threats made? A look at 5 cases in Halifax
- 'I want someone to take my pain': Woman set on fire by husband denied home insurance payout
- Off-the-books notes between vice-admiral and shipyard boss in 'legal grey zone,' expert says
- Kevin O'Leary's path to victory wasn't easy, but is Maxime Bernier's any easier?
- Looking for 'a way out': Turkey mulls a 'Trexit'
- Politicians meddle with real estate — but would Canadians tolerate intervention in other markets?
- Fyre Festival postponed after reports of Hunger Games-like conditions emerge
- 'Not all banjoes and fiddles': Eclectic East Coast musicians find fame abroad, struggle at home
- Principal orders students not to talk about 13 Reasons Why at school
- Gunpoint heist 'meant to happen to me,' says Kim Kardashian West
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?