Monday April 24, 2017
In the Toronto and Vancouver areas, where close to one-third of Canadians live, the dream of owning a home is on life support. Even renting is hard. And suddenly politicians are trying to do something about it.
A Canadian businessman offered to sponsor 50 Syrian refugee families. But like others, he's been frustrated by delays.
The National Team
- 'We felt like screaming': Wife says crowded hospital failed her dying husband
- Sikh officer denied promotion because of race a 'very concerning' finding: Peel police chief
- Wild bison calves born in Banff National Park 'a huge step' to reintroduction
- Crash victim's court award for surrogacy fees believed to be a 1st in Canada
- 'Embarrassment to Canadians': Abuse, humiliation occurred at bases across country, soldiers say
- New post-secondary sexual assault policies a start but fall short, experts say
- Hamilton police said crime would flourish if cellphone surveillance records disclosed
- High cost of making calls from Nova Scotia jails is 'predatory,' say advocates
- Wilbur Ross says Canada is 'dumping lumber,' as Ottawa vows to push back
- Liberals repeal Conservative immigrant residency requirement targeting marriage fraud
- Defence lawyers urge Supreme Court not to waver on steps to tackle justice system delays
- Some Canadian bank record information being sent directly to IRS
- Scientists simulate mom's womb in tiny lambs to try to help preemies
- Broad Hepatitis C screening of Canadian adults not supported by evidence, task force concludes
- Air pollution in Toronto's subways like 'a typical day in Beijing,' highest of Canada's 3 major systems
- Sex selection in Indian community persists despite years spent in Canada, researchers find
- Best year he's ever had? 2016 was the year of Drake, according to stats
- Night Trap, controversial horror game from the '90s, set for a re-release
- Scott Baio explains 'if you do drugs or drink, you're going to die' remarks after Erin Moran's death
- 'Has it affected him?' Woman confronts her abuser in documentary 'A Better Man'
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- Greg Alvin Dawson's death a homicide, but RCMP see 'no obvious connection' to 2 other deaths
- Membertou First Nation launches neighbourhood watch
- Treaties, reconciliation and Indigenous history in Canada: Join a live roundtable this Wednesday
- Meet the designer making wearable art that comes out of Indigenous teachings and culture