The Senate Scandal and the Conservative Party Convention - Oct 28, 2013
Posted: Oct 28, 2013 8:23 AM ET
The Senate govt leader has said he's prepared to consider watering down the penalties for Senators Duffy, Wallin and Brazeau. Today, we're going inside the Conservative party to take the pulse of what this unending Senate Scandal could do to its future.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Negative online reviews can lead to threats of legal action from targeted businesses
- Justin Trudeau: 7 surprising revelations from his memoir
- Rob Ford asked to leave Ward 17 advance voting station
- Yukon woman killed in bear attack
- How foreign online streaming will upset the Bell and Rogers apple carts
- Could Ebola rank among the deadliest communicable diseases?
- FinTRAC, Canadian financial intelligence agency, tracks funds to ISIS
- Lynn Gehl challenges Indian status denial in Ontario court
- Sweden hunts for submarine intruding in its waters
- Canada's Ebola response gets fresh test in Nova Scotia