The Senate Scandal and the Conservative Party Convention - Oct 28, 2013
Posted: Oct 28, 2013 8:23 AM ET
The Senate govt leader has said he's prepared to consider watering down the penalties for Senators Duffy, Wallin and Brazeau. Today, we're going inside the Conservative party to take the pulse of what this unending Senate Scandal could do to its future.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
It's been 10 years since the Boxing Day tsunami roared through the Indian Ocean. Now, Adrienne Arsenault reconnects with a girl from Sri Lanka she met there in the days following the disaster.
A Moscow shopping mall uses U.S. flag doormats for customers to wipe their feet in a show of defiance against American policies towards Russia
- Ottawa's Tanger Outlet mall shooting victim 'uncooperative' with police
- Black Ivory Coffee: Canadian’s elephant poop coffee makes a pricey cup of Joe
- Dalhousie dentistry scandal: Should free speech protect students from punishment?
- Son pays off parents' mortgage for Christmas
- Beaten First Nation girl regained consciousness on Christmas
- North Korea describes Obama with racial slur in Sony hacking row
- Husband holds intruder while wife calls RNC
- Order of Canada: Chantal Kreviazuk, Sheldon Kennedy among 95 honorees
- Canada Science and Technology Museum asked for roof funding in 2010
- Ottawa's Tanger Outlets mall shooting injures 1