The dispute over an 18th century Trenton farm
Posted: Jan 14, 2014 4:20 PM ET
Frank Meyers is 85, and most of his life has been farming land in Trenton -- land that's been in his family for well over 200 years. This fall he signed some of it over to DND, but now says he was pressured, and others are coming to his defence.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Thérèse Casgrain, feminist icon, quietly shunted by Harper government
- Addison Hall, 6, dies after car crashes into London, Ont., Costco
- B.C. men Michael Weir, Gerald Thom dead after home-built aircraft crashes
- Lightning kills 1, injures 13 around Los Angeles
- B.C. Mounties threatened, fired upon at Tsilhqot'in reserve
- Copper broken on Parliament Hill in First Nations shaming ceremony
- Gaza conflict: UN Security Council backs calls for immediate ceasefire
- Hitchbot, the hitchhiking robot, bums 1st ride
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice-PM, kills 3 in cross-border attack
- Comic-Con 2014: Driver hits woman trying to escape angry Zombie Walk crowd