The type of smartphone you use can reveal a lot about your love life and dating style, according to a new survey.
"Thanks to social networking and online dating, our love lives and our digital lives have never been more intertwined," said Match.com in a release about its survey of more than 1,000 Canadian singles.
Among the findings:
- People who use Android phones are more likely to have sex on a first date, 62 per cent, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 per cent of BlackBerry users.
- Android phone users are also more likely to partake in one-night stands, 55 per cent, compared to 50 per cent of iPhone users and 47.6 per cent of BlackBerry users.
- At 72 per cent, Android users were also the most active on online dating websites, compared to 58 per cent of those with iPhones and 50 per cent of people who have BlackBerrys.
- iPhone users were most likely to date in the workplace with nearly 25 per cent saying they have dated a co-worker in the last five years.
- BlackBerry users were the most likely to consume alcohol on a first date — 72 per cent.
Match.com also had some advice for dating in a digital world:
- Don't check your cellphone or text while on a date. People rated that behaviour as the biggest turnoff on a first date.
- Don't be too quick to friend your new love interest on Facebook.
- Don't use a social network to introduce your new love interest to friends and family.
- Call sometimes rather than always sending texts and emails.