A new video released by NASA depicts the likely formation of the moon roughly 4.5 billion years ago. The video uses data obtained by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft.
Moon's creation depicted in NASA animation
CBC News Posted: Mar 16, 2012 9:35 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 16, 2012 9:31 AM ET
Top News Headlines
- Grandparents charged in homicide of 5-year-old Emilio Perdomo in Calgary
- 'A lot of emotions': Tragically Hip kick off national tour to cheers and tears from thousands of fans
- Feeling gouged? How to save money on airline fees
- Hillary Clinton announces 'relentless optimist' Tim Kaine as her running mate
Latest Technology & Science News Headlines
- 'Heat dome' blamed for sizzling temperatures in Ontario, U.S.
- Pokemon Go: How a Google prank spawned a mobile gaming phenomenon
- Lichens aren't quite what we thought, shocked scientists discover
- Ditties for dorks: Physics institute compiles 'ultimate science playlist'
- Huge 'X' found at centre of Milky Way galaxy
- Latest search for dark matter comes up empty
- Good news: Pokemon Go probably won't rack up huge data bill
- The whole world is a playground: Pokemon Go creates new rules of play
- Abuse of Ghostbusters star a PR 'nightmare' that forced Twitter to ban Yiannopoulos, expert says
- Pokemon Go officially launches in Canada, crashes app's servers