A new video released by NASA depicts the likely formation of the moon roughly 4.5 billion years ago. The video uses data obtained by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft.
Moon's creation depicted in NASA animation
CBC News Posted: Mar 16, 2012 9:35 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 16, 2012 9:31 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Technology & Science News Headlines
Quirks & Quarks
- The Quirks Holiday Book Show: Math, Volcanoes, and Stuff Dec. 17, 2014 5:01 PM It's our annual book show this week, where we feature interviews with the authors of 3 new popular science books - dealing with a powerful, but little known volcano; why stuff matters, and the joys of mathematics.
- Ancient clay seals may shed light on biblical kings, government
- Sony defends cancelling The Interview release after Obama says studio 'made a mistake'
- The top 10 science stories of 2014: Bob McDonald
- 'Deep learning' computers cast new light on DNA
- Ultrafast internet service launched by Vancouver startup
- The North Pole: Does Denmark have a legitimate claim?
- Pirate Bay: Why illegal downloading will continue with or without it
- Robot fish launched by U.S. navy
- Philae lander faces deep freeze in deep space
- Curve the elephant gives birth to rare twins in South Africa