A new video released by NASA depicts the likely formation of the moon roughly 4.5 billion years ago. The video uses data obtained by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft.
Moon's creation depicted in NASA animation
CBC News Posted: Mar 16, 2012 9:35 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 16, 2012 9:31 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Technology & Science News Headlines
Quirks & Quarks
- March 8: The Monkey's Voyage Mar. 7, 2014 3:57 PM Nearly every corner of the world is inhabited by a spectacular diversity of plants and animals. But how did they get there? We'll speak to the author of a new book that tracks the improbable voyages life has taken around our planet.
- Use of surveillance tech to monitor seniors at home on rise
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
- Internet-enabled pillow 'connects long-distance lovers'
- Inability to enjoy music recognized as a brain condition
- Asteroid's 'bizarre' disintegration captured by Hubble
- Smartphones becoming prime target for criminal hackers
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- Malware threats making anti-virus software 'totally useless'
- What causes an avalanche?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta CEO Autumn Radtke found dead