Truro-area man appears in court following shooting
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 3, 1999 | 7:38 AM ET
Bible Hill RCMP arrested 23-year-old Curtis Lynds of North River after they went to his home early Sunday morning to investigate reports of gunshots.
They found a Truro man on the alleged shooter's front lawn suffering from serious leg wounds.
The victim is in hospital.
Lynds faces a charge of aggravated assault with a firearm.
Top News Headlines
- Court freezes assets in widening SNC-Lavalin probe
- The RCMP are moving to freeze millions of dollars in bank accounts and real estate holdings in Montreal and Florida in their expanding probe into Canadian engineering firm SNC-Lavalin. more »
- Neil Macdonald: Harper no Obama when it comes to dealing with scandals
- Beset by three so-called scandals at the moment, Barack Obama has been meeting his accusers and the press head on, Neil Macdonald writes. The same cannot be said for how Stephen Harper operates. more »
- Needed: New approaches to defuse 'suicide contagion' among teens
- Guilty pleas expected today in chained-teen case
- A man accused of chaining up a teen and sexually assaulting him last fall is expected to enter guilty pleas in a Bridgewater, N.S., courtroom this morning. more »
- Killing near London barracks probed as 'terror' act
- 2nd suspect named in Tim Bosma slaying
- Rob Ford fired as Don Bosco Eagles football coach
- Xbox One: A closer look
- Plumber's car explodes near Vancouver apartments
- Harper 'not consulted' about Duffy Senate expense repayment
- Senators' Alfredsson on defeating Penguins: 'Probably not'
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- 1.3 million Montrealers face boil water advisory