Speech Donors with Professor Rupal Patel (Full Interview)
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 12:48 PM ET
Until now, people living with severe speech disorders only had a few computerized voices to choose from. Spark host Nora Young speaks with Rupal Patel, who is using speech donors to create new, personalized voices that match the individual.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Tory MP Eve Adams quits bitter nomination race, cites health
- Burlington Skyway crash: What you need to know
- Burlington Skyway crash: Driver charged with impaired driving
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Marvel charts new frontier with Guardians of the Galaxy