Speech Donors with Professor Rupal Patel (Full Interview)
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 12:48 PM ET
Until now, people living with severe speech disorders only had a few computerized voices to choose from. Spark host Nora Young speaks with Rupal Patel, who is using speech donors to create new, personalized voices that match the individual.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- NATO vs. Putin: Ukraine crisis redefining much more than borders
- Grassy Narrows: The lost science of mercury poisoning
- Jennifer Lawrence among celebrity victims in leak of nude photos
- Higher meat prices in store for consumers
- 'Space sex geckos' found dead upon return to Earth, Russia says
- Tomasz Gladkowski, 39, dies trying to rescue drowning son from Lake Huron
- Back-to-school sales sluggish, expected to extend into September
- South-end Halifax crash knocks out power to thousands
- Stephen Harper takes big words, small stick to NATO summit
- Leadership candidate Thomas Lukaszuk flew daughter on government planes