Speech Donors with Professor Rupal Patel (Full Interview)
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 12:48 PM ET
Until now, people living with severe speech disorders only had a few computerized voices to choose from. Spark host Nora Young speaks with Rupal Patel, who is using speech donors to create new, personalized voices that match the individual.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
The U.S. National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for the Buffalo area, as sharply warmer weekend temperatures are forecast to be accompanied by rain. CBC meteorologist Jay Scotland explains how a melt could impact the area.
Protesters and police clash in Mexico City's main square over government handling of the disappearance and apparent massacre of 43 student teachers.
- ISIS suffers setback in drive for Syria-Turkey border city Kobani
- Eric Morgan, acquitted of 2006 murder, sues Peel police for $25M
- Const. Joel Demore, Ottawa police officer, named on hacked city site
- Canadian military veterans plan to enlist with Kurds battling ISIS
- Jelly-covered plankton multiplying in Canadian lakes
- Longueuil fatal crash: Prosecutor says decision not to lay charges based on evidence
- Buffalo residents shovelling snow but now worried about rain, flooding
- More Kinder Morgan protesters arrested on Burnaby Mountain
- B.C. outdoorsmen risk criminal records in David vs. Goliath battle to keep lakes public
- Richest of the rich gain ground in Canada