Speech Donors with Professor Rupal Patel (Full Interview)
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 12:48 PM ET
Until now, people living with severe speech disorders only had a few computerized voices to choose from. Spark host Nora Young speaks with Rupal Patel, who is using speech donors to create new, personalized voices that match the individual.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- 1st-degree murder charges laid in Montague double homicide
- Winnipeg thunderstorm floods mall, underpasses, streets
- Lac-Mégantic train disaster: engineer's emergency calls released
- James Foley killing: ISIS remains 'long-term threat,' Chuck Hagel says
- Thunderstorm sends Winnipeggers into streets with canoes, snorkels
- Hiker Julien Landry rescued days after fleeing up a tree to avoid bear
- James Foley killing: Why ISIS beheaded the U.S. journalist
- Harper rebuffs renewed calls for murdered, missing women inquiry
- John Baird's Twitter account prompts scrutiny of language commissioner
- Pick-and-Pay cable should be an option in Canada, says CRTC