Solving Metro Vancouver's transit troubles
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Local transportation advocates have unveiled a transit expansion plan funded by a .5% sales tax. We speak with Nathan Pachal from South Fraser Ontrax, a sustainable transit advocacy group on why they think a regional sales tax is the solution.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to the National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Industrial explosion, fire in Sarnia, Ont., injures 5
- Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament
- Montreal Muslim says Ottawa, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu attacks "not in my name"
- Kelowna Airport: man in custody after Edmonton-Kelowna-Caglary flight threatened
- Jaylen Fryberg was confronted by 1st-year teacher during Washington school shooting
- Ottawa shooting: Parliament Hill now open to public
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's family: 'He belonged to all of us'
- Attempt begins to recover military plane nearly 74 years after lake crash
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo: Outpouring of emotion as 'Canada's son' comes home
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist