Solving Metro Vancouver's transit troubles
Posted: Aug 27, 2013 12:36 PM ET
Local transportation advocates have unveiled a transit expansion plan funded by a .5% sales tax. We speak with Nathan Pachal from South Fraser Ontrax, a sustainable transit advocacy group on why they think a regional sales tax is the solution.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 disappears from radar over North Africa
- Provincial jails clogged with legally innocent Canadians
- Hamas arsenal suggests 'apocalyptic' scenario: Israeli official
- Parks Canada-Roots: A match made in branding heaven, but it wasn't to be
- RCMP sells sleek plane for half of asking price
- 'Optical fibre' made out of thin air
- Great white shark near St. Andrews captured in vivid video
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Rebel leader says separatists had Buk missile system
- Ordinary Russians back Putin, Kremlin's view of Malaysian Airlines MH17 tragedy
- Joseph Rudolph Wood execution: Inmate dies 2 hours after lethal injection