Solving Metro Vancouver's transit troubles
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 12:01 AM ET
Local transportation advocates have unveiled a transit expansion plan funded by a .5% sales tax. We speak with Nathan Pachal from South Fraser Ontrax, a sustainable transit advocacy group on why they think a regional sales tax is the solution.
Top News Headlines
- B.C. teachers' strike: Vince Ready walks out of talks
- Ukraine crisis: EU threatens Russia with more sanctions
- Ukraine crisis: Why the U.S. avoids calling Russia's actions an 'invasion'
- Lottery jackpot: Duarte Almeida wins $13M with lucky numbers
- ISIS threat: U.S. military launches airstrikes, performs aid drop
- Lynden Dorval, fired for giving zeros, 'treated unfairly,' appeal board rules
- 'Cat crisis' erupts in Surrey, where strays number in the thousands
- Bolivian bus crash kills 10, injures 24 including some Canadians
- Texas abortion rules unconstitutional, judge rules
- Petawawa standoff ends peacefully as OPP arrest armed man