Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Hamilton woman barred from boarding cruise ship because she was pregnant
- Woman plucks and eats raw bird on Montreal Metro
- Massive 49-pound cod caught off Notre Dame Bay
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Iceberg collapse proves risks of getting too close: videographer