Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
- Scotland independence referendum: If Yes side wins, what happens next?
- Cougar killed after prowling outside Calgary hospital
- Rob Ford diagnosis: What is liposarcoma and how is it treated?
- Justin Trudeau’s abortion stance 'undemocratic,' say ex-MPs
- ISIS-inspired beheading plot alleged in Australia, 6 in custody
- Olivier Burnham, Quebec blacksmith, makes device to prevent smart meter swap
- Air Canada adds $25 checked bag fee for economy travel
- Scotland independence referendum: Rival campaigners add excitement to polling stations
- B.C. teachers' strike: BCTF members vote on tentative deal
- Canada's seniors population to jump, workforce decline by 2063