Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
- Dalhousie dentistry student calls restorative justice plan 'shocking'
- Ontario Liberals paid $10,000 to have gas plant data erased: OPP
- Emma Czornobaj gets 90 days in jail for duck-stopping deaths
- Exam cheating leads to fraud charges against 2 students in Waterloo
- Hackers posing as Syrian-Canadians may be tied to ISIS
- Anti-marijuana ad's dubious claim a scary hit with parents
- Steve Carell's North Korea movie from Guy Delisle novel scrapped after Sony hack
- Assault charge laid after London to Toronto flight diverted to Halifax
- Suzanne Côté tried to claim $200K in clothing, personal expenses
- Paul Bally hit-and-run: Comox Valley man arrested