Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Gillian Bennett, suffering with dementia, dies leaving right-to-die plea
- Killer whale flips 'sea lion' into air in YouTube video
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Parents opt to keep babies off Facebook
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- James Foley killing: Journalist’s parents honour slain son
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim