Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
- Luka Magnotta trial: Jun Lin hid homosexuality from his family, ex-boyfriend testifies
- Is China willing to sacrifice Hong Kong's booming economy?
- Franklin expedition ship found in Arctic ID'd as HMS Erebus
- First Nations join Vancouver land deal valued at $302M
- Housing market a bubble set to burst, investment expert says
- Conservatives to overhaul veterans' benefits again to placate angry ex-soldiers
- China warns Hong Kong protesters of 'unimaginable consequences'
- Staples closes 15 Canadian stores
- Keurig coffee sued for $600M by Ontario-based Club Coffee
- Walruses forced ashore en masse as sea ice melts