Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Thérèse Casgrain, feminist icon, quietly shunted by Harper government
- Addison Hall, 6, dies after car crashes into London, Ont., Costco
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Investigators renew bid to access crash site
- B.C. men Michael Weir, Gerald Thom dead after home-built aircraft crashes
- Lightning kills 1, injures 13 around Los Angeles
- Hitchbot, the hitchhiking robot, bums 1st ride
- B.C. Mounties threatened, fired upon at Tsilhqot'in reserve
- Copper broken on Parliament Hill in First Nations shaming ceremony
- Ukraine crisis: On the front lines with a rebel dog
- Gaza conflict: Fighting lulls as UN backs ceasefire calls