Skyrocketing property values make it tougher for some to pay tax bill
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 10:20 AM ET
Montreal property tax bills have been arriving in mailboxes. For many people, wages just aren't growing at the same pace as their property values. A group of taxpayers are asking for a three year freeze on municipal taxes.
Top News Headlines
Iraq military-released video shows U.S. strikes against ISIS hideouts in the besieged town of Amirli, in the country's north
- Justin Bieber faces assault, dangerous driving charges in Ontario
- Ukraine conflict: Putin muses on Russian forces taking Kyiv
- Des Hague, CEO of Centreplate, resigns after abusing dog
- Jennifer Lawrence photo hack: Celebrities bash mass privacy violation
- B.C. teachers' strike: How far apart are the 2 sides?
- Jennifer Lawrence photo hack: Attention turns to FBI, Apple
- Pension deal struck between government, unions
- Ebola outbreak: 'We need action now,' says CDC director Tom Frieden
- ISIS militants accused of ethnic cleansing in Iraq
- U.S. military wants multi-purpose sensors in Canada’s Arctic