Re-thinking hockey-related concussions - Feb 4, 2014
Posted: Mar 05, 2014 11:30 AM ET
The notorious hit on Sidney Crosby back in 2011 sparked a national conversation about head injuries in hockey. New research out today suggests there's a relationship between concussions in young players and cognitive deficits that show up later in life.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Ottawa shooting: Where did Michael Zehaf-Bibeau get his gun?
- Canadian Consulate in Istanbul evacuated after suspicious powder found
- Andrea Giesbrecht: New details emerge about accused in dead infants case
- Ebola outbreak: Craig Spencer, doctor in New York City, tests positive for virus
- Witness saves child from kidnapping at Hamilton school
- Rosie O'Donnell's remarks on Ottawa shooting draw criticism online
- Gluten-free market booming, but researchers aren't sold
- Man with hatchet shot dead after attacking NYC police
- Ottawa shooting: Terror attack chatter but no specific threat
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, Ottawa gunman, asked B.C. judge to send him to jail