Posted: May 02, 2014 12:28 PM ET
Ontario's Privacy Commissioner has released a report demanding the police use greater discretion in how they share information related to suicide attempts.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- Meet Marie Henein, the 'fearless and brilliant' lawyer defending Jian Ghomeshi
- Winter storm leaves 40,000 without power in New Brunswick
- Jian Ghomeshi to plead not guilty to sex assault, choking charges
- 'Brutal' wedding ceremony ruined by United National Church minister
- Grocery stores caught cheating on packaging dates of meat and poultry
- Bell employees planted glowing online reviews of new Bell app
- U.S. firm investigated for clean-up at old Canadian mill site
- Australian Phil Hughes dead from cricket match injury
- Tamir Rice shooting: Officer shot 12-year-old boy within 2 seconds
- OPEC meeting could reveal fractures in oil cartel