Prayer Panel With Daniel Beland And Cindy Halmarson
Posted: Oct 01, 2013 11:48 AM ET
As Saskatoon becomes a more diverse community the issue of prayers at civic functions heats up. We put the question to our panel . Daniel Beland is from the Johnson Shoyama School of Public Policy. Cindy Halmarson the Lutheran Bishop of Saskatchewan. They joined Leisha Grebinski to tell us why they think there is no place for prayers at civic functions.
Top News Headlines
- Benjamin Netanyahu: Confront ISIS ‘poison’ tree before it grows
- Earliest sign of human habitation in Canada may have been found
- Serena Vermeersch homicide: Raymond Caissie's 2013 release outrages mayor
- Netflix refuses CRTC demand to hand over subscriber data
- Parents of child with ADHD get anonymous letter about 'incessant screaming'
- N.B. election 2014 results: Brian Gallant's Liberals win amid vote-count fiasco
- BlackBerry Passport priced to take on Apple & Samsung
- Bald eagle rescue by fisherman posted on YouTube
- Face mites live on all adults, study suggests
- David Alward concedes election, resigns as Tory leader