Prayer Panel With Daniel Beland And Cindy Halmarson
Posted: Oct 01, 2013 11:48 AM ET
As Saskatoon becomes a more diverse community the issue of prayers at civic functions heats up. We put the question to our panel . Daniel Beland is from the Johnson Shoyama School of Public Policy. Cindy Halmarson the Lutheran Bishop of Saskatchewan. They joined Leisha Grebinski to tell us why they think there is no place for prayers at civic functions.
Top News Headlines
- Jian Ghomeshi allegedly choked, beat N.B. woman with belt
- Dean Del Mastro found guilty in election spending case
- John Forzani, ex-Stampeder and business tycoon, dead at 67
- Moncton shooting: Justin Bourque's sentencing underway
- Stephen Colbert praises Kevin Vickers: 'To hell with Bruce Willis'
- Air Canada service agents call carry-on crackdown too unpleasant
- Edmonton's homeless piano man reveals rough life behind his music
- Income splitting: What it is and who benefits
- Rob Ford's tumour hasn't shrunk after chemotherapy
- Kelowna man stabbed to death in random bus attack