PotashCorp Announces Major Layoffs
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:18 AM ET
PotashCorp has announced major layoffs. President Bill Doyle says the layoffs are necessary to keep the company competitive, and are driven by slow global growth in demand. CBC Reporter Dan Zakreski spoke with Doyle early this morning. Later, Leisha Grebinski spoke with Peter Phillips, an economist at the University of Saskatchewan about the impact this may have on the industry.
Top News Headlines
- Google Maps leads Toronto man down treacherous road near Gander
- Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises to over 4,000
- Harrison Ford to magician David Blaine: 'Get the f--k out of my house'
- Alberta's wonky election polls aside, rogue Tories are sign of bigger trouble
- James Holmes trial in Batman premiere mass shooting hears opening statements today
- Vancouver Canucks: We are not too old, say Sedins
- Nepal earthquake: Waiting in limbo for the flight home
- Woman with cerebral palsy loses Quebec's help because mom saved for her future
- Justin Trudeau meets reporters with would-be candidate Bill Blair
- Google launches patent-buying site to foil patent trolls