PotashCorp Announces Major Layoffs
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:18 AM ET
PotashCorp has announced major layoffs. President Bill Doyle says the layoffs are necessary to keep the company competitive, and are driven by slow global growth in demand. CBC Reporter Dan Zakreski spoke with Doyle early this morning. Later, Leisha Grebinski spoke with Peter Phillips, an economist at the University of Saskatchewan about the impact this may have on the industry.
Top News Headlines
- Future Shop stores closed across Canada, some to rebrand as Best Buy
- Danielle Smith loses PC nomination in Highwood to Carrie Fischer
- Ex-girlfriend of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 co-pilot Andreas Lubitz speaks out
- Men are going nuts over Lululemon's 'anti-ball crushing' pants
- Maple Leafs grant wish for Garrett Gamble, 11, from Sask. First Nation
- Future Shop in Alberta: What's closing, what's changing
- Air Canada flight leaves runway in Halifax, no major injuries
- Yukon inventor opens the door to year-round growing
- Future Shop's abrupt closure surprises B.C. consumers
- Dalhousie University says Instagram sex scandal 'not acceptable'