PotashCorp Announces Major Layoffs
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:18 AM ET
PotashCorp has announced major layoffs. President Bill Doyle says the layoffs are necessary to keep the company competitive, and are driven by slow global growth in demand. CBC Reporter Dan Zakreski spoke with Doyle early this morning. Later, Leisha Grebinski spoke with Peter Phillips, an economist at the University of Saskatchewan about the impact this may have on the industry.
Top News Headlines
Welcome to The National, the flagship nightly newscast of CBC News, hosted by Peter Mansbridge.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Abdul Monir, 31, shot dead just months after arriving in Canada
- Liberal polling lead more than a Justin Trudeau honeymoon
- Apple gives users ability to delete U2 album from iTunes
- Almost half of China's rich want to leave the country, Barclays says
- Alfred Hitchcock film offers neuroscientists clues to vegetative state
- Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti under police investigation for fundraiser
- Taliban suicide bomber strikes NATO convoy, killing 3
- Deanna Bergeron sought ice cream, picked up $50M lottery ticket
- Rat problem grows at East Vancouver community garden