Twenty-three Anishinabek First Nations in Ontario signed a historical self-governing education agreement with the federal and provincial governments today
Air Date: Aug 16, 2017 6:55 PM ET
Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Carolyn Bennett sits down with Rosemary Barton to discuss the agreement
Top News Headlines
'There's a lot of work, but absolutely it can be done,' says Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami President Natan Obed.
'If you want to end school shootings, you have to create a movement that's really oriented on taking power,' says the co-creator of Occupy Wall Street and author of The End of Protest, Micah White.
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau expected to exonerate Tsilhqot'in chiefs hanged in 1864
- U.S. sets May 1 tariff threat on Canada, Mexico amid rush to speed up NAFTA talks
- MPs freed from House of Commons as Tories bring standoff tactics to an end
- Principles, but mostly politics and boredom, on display in marathon House voting
- Trudeau government avoids defeat on key pot bill vote