The Canadian government is reportedly set to apologize and pay a former Guantanamo Bay detainee millions in compensation
Air Date: Jul 04, 2017 5:34 PM ET
University of Toronto Law Professor Audrey Macklin: The government was involved in both direct violations of Omar Khadr’s Canadian Charter rights and they were complicit in violations of Khadr’s rights by the U.S.
Top News Headlines
David Mastin, Executive of the ETFO, discusses why the federation feels it’s important to remove Sir John A. Macdonald’s name from elementary schools
"It’s more of a stunt than anything that should be taken too seriously," says former Canadian Amb. to the United States Derek Burney
Latest Politics News Headlines
- Federal advertising 'blacklist' of websites includes far-right outlets
- Trudeau says steps to tackle spike in asylum-seekers yielding 'positive results'
- How should Canadians respond to the alt-right?
- As Ottawa mulls shorter election campaigns, here's how they would have changed history
- Niki Ashton rejects NDP leadership endorsement from man B'nai Brith calls a Holocaust denier